The role of parents and the duties of pupils are outlined in s. 13 and s. 14 of the Education Act. In order to support the learning success of their child, parents and guardians are expected to:
- encourage their child to complete homework,
- communicate with school personnel,
- ensure their child attends school as required,
- ensure the child’s basic needs are met,
- demonstrate care and concern for the conduct of the student at school and while travelling to and from school.
The parents or guardians may consult with the teacher or Principal of the school to discuss their child’s education. They are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner and to follow school procedures.