WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE DEC MANAGER?
The DEC Manager works under the direction of the Council of DEC Chairs to facilitate information sharing and communication among the DECs and with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. The DEC Manager’s responsibilities include:
- coordinating professional development, training opportunities, and resources;
- acting as a liaison to the Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy Minister to move DEC issues forward;
- arranging for collaboration and communication with the Minister;
- managing the provincial budget;
- handling requests for information from the media, the public and the districts;
- representing DEC interests at meetings and as a liaison within the Department;
- consulting on provincial policy and interpretation of the Education Act; and
- working on behalf of the Council of DEC Chairs to provide research and recommendations on moving forward on their established priorities.
The Education Act requires the Minister to provide a dedicated support staff for the DECs. (s. 38.2) The DEC Manager can address general questions about DEC and PSSC. The Manager is also the contact person for the Council of DEC Chairs.
DEC Manager, Anglophone Sector
250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 9M9
Telephone: 506 453-2618
Fax: 506 462-2281